Creators don't make and spend money the same way everybody else does, and we get it.
Right after a payment has been made, you can scan your receipt or upload an invoice to Mecena later on 🙃.
We automatically calculate in real-time how much VAT you owe or can save depending on your local tax office 🤓.
We instantly categorize transactions as they happen so you can ensure your books are accurate and always up to date (including any expenses you had abroad across Europe and the UK ✈️).
We auto-generate financial reports in just one click to help you prep for taxes.
…and if this sounds all like boring jargon for you, just share it with your accountant. They will love you .
Start deducting like a business and pay only the taxes you owe 💰
What if I have made transactions outside of my Mecena business account?
Our whole value is to offer creators a financial home where no matter how many sources of revenue your career has or will have, you trust Mecena to be your financial partner.
Unfortunately, we cannot access any financial record that occurs outside of your Mecena account, and those transactions will not be represented in your bookkeeping exports.
It is strongly recommended to update and link all your payment methods on different platforms and sources of revenue to your new Mecena business account or card. This urgent step ensures that we can provide you with accurate bookkeeping from day one.
To learn more about how to connect or update your payment methods, dive into our educational resources! Or Join our Discord community, we are here to help 😁.
What happens if I have creator expenses before opening an account with Mecena?
It’s totally understandable to have prior expenses before opening an account with us. As stated in the question above, since we are not able to access any external transaction that occurs outside your Mecena account, we can not provide bookkeeping services to those.
What reports does Mecena bookkeeping include?
Here are the reports we offer:
- Income statement: Total income, expenses, and their sum (net income).
- Budget Report: A breakdown of your income and expense categories, including their transactions and total amounts.
- Invoicing report: A full list of your invoices, including the issue date, due date, payment date, and VAT.
- Accounting journal: A list of every transaction in your account, including date, type, VAT%, category, and other important information.
- General ledger: A breakdown of your income and expense categories and transactions they contain, including date, type, VAT%, category, and other important information.
- VAT report (if your account is VAT liable): A list of transactions that include VAT, organized by their VAT%.
You can choose any date range on your Mecena reports. From there, select to either download them in XLS/PDF or send them via email to your accountant if needed.
Do you provide tax advice?
Unfortunately, we cannot provide you with tax advice as part of current Mecena's services.
We are looking internally to grow our accountant team, so that in the future, we will be able to be closer to each creator's needs.